Part-time, 24 hours per week
Reports to CEO
Salary range: $30,000-$35,000, commensurate with experience
The development associate will prospect, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors, corporations and foundations, and implement select special events to help meet the organization's annual fundraising goals. The development associate will work closely with the CEO, Board of Directors’ development committee, and development volunteers.
1. Individual Donors – Manage annual appeals for donors of all levels of giving using traditional and social networking tools including, but not limited to: direct mail, in-person, online, and workplace giving opportunities. Work with the CEO to identify, research, design outreach materials, and implement annual giving.
2. Corporate Giving – Work with the CEO to design corporate engagement opportunities and collaborative fundraising options including operational support, program support, and event sponsorship. Prospect, cultivate, and steward corporate donors. Develop targeted informational materials.
3. Foundation – Research, approach, write proposals, and conduct follow up and reporting with local, regional, statewide and national foundations that are most likely to support Bartlett Arboretum’s mission and programs.
4. Marketing and Social Media – Coordinate all fundraising efforts with the Arboretum’s electronic marketing efforts including e-newsletter, Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, and traditional media.
5. Special Events – Design, plan, and implement select cultivation and fundraising events.
6. Assist CEO in preparing Donor Honor Roll.
7. Identify specific fundraising tactics and quarterly deliverables to assure maximum success; meet annual goals as well as long-term expectations.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Three years direct, relevant, fundraising experience required; focus on major donors and corporate giving preferred.
· Grant writing experience required.
· Experience planning and implementing special events.
· Background in donor management systems and prospect research tools.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Facebook, PowerPoint, databases (preferably Blackbaud products), email, and the Internet.
· Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented, customer-service focused, enjoys working with volunteers as well as autonomously.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Professional, self-directed, highly motivated, reliable, great attention to detail, with a results and solution oriented perspective, organized, flexible with strong time-management skills.
Please submit application (resume, cover letter, and three professional references) via email to Jane von Trapp, CEO, Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens, email@example.com.